Do you want a deck or a patio?
Think about whether you want a deck, patio or both.
Decks are raised platforms most often made out of wood or a composite material
Patios are at ground level and are often paved or made with paving stones.
Depending on your yard layout, it is possible to build a deck that has steps leading down to a patio before you reach the yard. It often looks and feels best to have some transitional materials, rather than simply stepping off to the grass yard. Stone, pavers, and bricks look sharp next to all deck material (wood or man-made) and provide an easy transition to grass. A deck/patio combination can enhance your yard’s function and appeal.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Stud Vs. 2 x 4. What's the difference?
- OSB Board vs MDF Board vs Plywood – Isn't it all the same thing?
- Why is my 2 x 4 not 2 inches by 4 inches?
- What do all of those letters even mean?
- What are Pressure Treated and ACQ lumber?