How will you use the deck? What needs (or wants) will it serve?
Do you entertain often or plan to host large gatherings on the deck?
Do you need a table to seat six or will deck just be for you and your partner to sit and relax?
Will you want an outdoor kitchen or a firepit on your deck?
Are there safety considerations for children?
Would your design be realistic for those who are aging or might need assistance moving throughout the home and yard?
Knowing what you will use the deck for will also affect its size and design.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Stud Vs. 2 x 4. What's the difference?
- OSB Board vs MDF Board vs Plywood – Isn't it all the same thing?
- Why is my 2 x 4 not 2 inches by 4 inches?
- What do all of those letters even mean?
- What are Pressure Treated and ACQ lumber?