Size, shape and design?
Who says decking has to be square? Choose decking with unusual angles or curves to add drama to your backyard.
Too much sun? A pergola can transform your deck from a platform to an outdoor room. Not only does it provide shade, but it gives you a place to attach speakers, lights, fans, and hanging plants.
Amenities such as lighting, sound systems, or fans make outdoor structures popular places to be during warm weather.
Rather than finding ways to incorporate these amenities after the deck is finished, plan for these features by hiding wires and attaching structures during the construction phase.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Stud Vs. 2 x 4. What's the difference?
- OSB Board vs MDF Board vs Plywood – Isn't it all the same thing?
- Why is my 2 x 4 not 2 inches by 4 inches?
- What do all of those letters even mean?
- What are Pressure Treated and ACQ lumber?