What do you have to do for safety, codes and permits?
Depending on the size, location and height of your deck, you will be required to obtain the proper permits based off of your location's zoning and building codes.
You also have to take safety into consideration and figure out what type of railing or siding you want.
Especially in Regina, the type of soil, the required depth of the footings, and any other special restrictions for the unique location and home are important things to consider. Having this information early prevents the need for redesign.
Check out the City of Regina page before proceeding with your build
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Stud Vs. 2 x 4. What's the difference?
- OSB Board vs MDF Board vs Plywood – Isn't it all the same thing?
- Why is my 2 x 4 not 2 inches by 4 inches?
- What do all of those letters even mean?
- What are Pressure Treated and ACQ lumber?